SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Thomas Riecke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Riecke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:26:21 -0700
Hi all,
   There were 2 Sanderlings on the spillway at White Rock Lake on Wednesday, those of you on the coast don't care, but they are pretty good birds in North Central Texas, also an American Avocet, another good bird for our urban lake.
6 shorebird species have been recorded so far on this, the 28th of June. 12-15 are expected this fall. Will post final report in late August. Will have a trip report for Southside Water Treatment Plant on Saturday night, we usually get 15 shorebird species in the fall.
Thomas Riecke
Dallas, TX