AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Shannon Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shannon Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 06:14:03 -0700
Good Morning!

Congrats to Statesboro HS for selling 94 tickets this past Saturday at the Brooklet Peanut Festival! Statesboro picked their tickets and banner up immediately and had amazing success the first weekend in ticket sells. We have 75 sponsored chapters in Georgia in this program. Each chapter needs to sell 534 tickets to meet our $200,000 goal! And we have 12 weeks to do it. Please email me any success stories you want to share or good tricks of the trade that is working for your chapter

Please read through this update

The deadline has passed to pick up your materials from the dealership.  It is very important that everyone has done this. The dealer knows that the materials are at the dealership waiting to be picked up. If you wait that shows a lack of excitement to be involved in the program and may already have a effect on your sponsorship for next year. If you have picked up your materials, please email me (If I haven't already heard from you).

Photo Op This is a program requirement for you to do. You should go to your dealership with a couple of chapter officers and take a picture with the dealership. Then submit this to your local newspaper(s) for program awareness and dealership promotion. Your dealer is expecting this from your chapter. This should be one of the first things you do. Please mail me a picture out of the newspaper to have you chapter go in a drawing to win $500!! Your picture will also be added to our program website for chapters and dealers all over the country to see! Mail to Shannon Mayo at Rt. 3 Box 179-B, Ackerman, MS 39735

Community Events with a truck  You need to have at least three different events where you have a truck on display from your dealership. If you really want to have high ticket sales and help ensure sponsorship for next year from your dealership, have four or five!

Don't forget to invite the dealer to your FFA meeting and to get your alumni involved in the program!

Important information for our new teachers participating:
* You keep all of the money in your FFA account until the end of the program. Once the program ends, you will be invoiced from the state for the amount of money you owe state and national FFA based off of your number of ticket sells.
*Keep all ticket stubs until the end of the program. Instructions will come on the procedure to turning in tickets stubs.
*Do not feel you are bothering your dealer when you are asking for a truck. This is something the dealer wants out of the program.

Thanks!
Shannon

Shannon Mayo
FFA Hometown Scholarship Program