AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 04:45:46 -0400
This past fall Joe Green was honored with a fellowship which allowed him to
travel to Japan as an U.S. Educator Delegate through the Japan Fulbright
Memorial Fund.  Teachers for all disciplines representing all 50 states
were selected as a part of the delegation. While in Japan Joe developed
communicated, shared photos, taught lessons to his class in Marietta by use
of the internet. Upon is returned to Pope High School he has developed and
incorporated international agriculture lesson plans and hands on labs into
his curriculum.
Visiting Pope High this week I had the opportunity to see Phase I of the
Japanese Zen Garden on the Pope Campus. The garden includes many plant
species and multiple hardscape elements found in a typical Japanese garden.
Any teacher or class is invited to visit the garden for instruction or
reflection.

The gardens are funded by the Pope PTSA and designed and developed by Mr.
Green and his agriculture education students.

Take a few minutes today to check out Joe Green's program web site at
www.popehorticulture.com
where you will find photos of the Japanese Zen Garden as well as many other
interesting videos, lesson plans and curriculum developed by Joe Green.

Applauds to you Mr. Green and all you do !