DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Vos, Jan (CWE)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vos, Jan (CWE)
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:06:25 +0100
A request from our colleague Lenny van Bussel  at Wageningen Universit˙:

I am looking for observed dates of (spring and winter) wheat development stages across different climates in Europe. I am especially interested in sowing and harvesting dates, and if possible the required temperature sum till maturity. Any (un)published data that you might have are most welcome. Or perhaps somebody knows about the existence of a phenological database?

So the minimum data required for analysis are location, sowing date and harvest date. Any additional data are welcome, including:
- Meteorological data from the experiments concerned
- Name of cultivar
- Intermediate phenological stages, e.g. emergence, heading and/or anthesis
- Criteria to establish emergence, heading/anthesis and maturity

I would like to use these data to develop a phenological model for global application. Data from different climatic zones will help to calibrate and validate my model.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Lenny van Bussel

([log in to unmask] <blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]> )