DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
ken boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:33:25 -0500
Al,

I've already submitted a title summary for this year as my first choice,
and figured that your topics related to the 2003 meetings, but maybe not?

Anyway, I could possibly go into more detailed explanation of several
aspects that we simulate in CROPGRO such as:  1) how we simulate
accumulation of carbohydrate and proteins in vegetative tissue and their
re-mobilization for use by reproductive tissues, or 2) modeling effects of
water deficit to modify reproductive partitioning and to accelerate
maturity in grain legumes (this one we have some data on), or 3) modeling
acclimation of growth and photosynthesis to cool temperature, or 4) the
methods used in CROPGRO for partitioning among vegetative and reproductive
tissues.

Topic 2 was one that I actually considered presenting this year, but I came
up with one that I was more interested in.  So, I'd be ready to present
that, if of interested.

Best regards,
Ken Boote