DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
SULEIMAN AYMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:14:27 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

As you know, water balance is an essential component of any crop or
hydrometeorological simulation model. Not enough attention has been given to
the modeling or measurement of water balance. That is why a special session
about water balance entitled "Advancement of Water Balance Modeling and
Measurement" will be held at the upcoming annual ASA-CSSA-SSSA meeting in
Seattle, WA. The Agroclimatology Division (A3) sponsors this session and
maybe other divisions will cosponsor it later.

A water balance would have diverse components such as
evapotranspiration/water stress factors, infiltration/runoff, drainage, and
soil moisture. Also, diverse approaches could be used to model or measure
any of these components. The water balance special session will give
scientists great opportunity to hear from each others about the different
components and the different approaches.

I would like to compile a list of the presentations as early as possible to
make sure the special session addresses a wide range of hot topics. So, if
you are interested in participating in the water balance special session
email me a title of your presentation with a very brief description of your
presentation. The title can be adjusted later if it is needed. Also if you
would like to see something addressed let me know.

Regards,

Ayman