From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 12:56:25 -0500
from the archives:

-- ================================================ MAPS-L ** MAPS-L **
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ================================================

Subject: RE: Locking map cases Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 From: "Mark A.
Thomas" <[log in to unmask]> To: "'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum'"

Thanks to everyone, on and off the list, who gave me advice on
retroactively installing locking devices on map files. This included
information on the Mayline hinged device I had asked about (does one
5-drawer cabinet), the Medeco "FileSecure Swing-Open Security Bar"
(formerly the "Multi-Lock Swing-Open Security Bar") and other hinged
solutions that lock an entire stack of files, and the bars that go
through all the handles in a stack and lock on the top.

We'll weigh the pros of cons of each method in the context of our
particular needs.

Thanks again, Mark
Thomas / [log in to unmask] / 919-660-5853, fax:919-684-2855 Economics,
Geology, Geography Bibliographer Map and GIS Librarian / Public
Documents and Maps Department 025 Perkins Library / Duke University,
Durham, NC 27708-0177