From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 08:37:28 -0500
Subject:        Re: formats of map compression
Date:   Fri, 23 May 2008 22:41:01 -0700
From:   Matt Fox <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Yes....PLLLLEEEAAAASSEEE make the full scans available in addition to
the browser plugin.  I understand there are some libraries that try to
make money from users for access to full scans, but I think most
libraries are putting maps online as free service to the public.  Some
browser plugins are OK, but many are terrible.  There is substitute
for the full scan.  Doesn't have to be the 300 megabyte TIFF file
(although in a perfect world you'd include that option).  Can be 5-10
megabyte Sid or JPG file.

Matt Fox