DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Randall A. Reese" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:33:29 -0500
Dr. Hogenboom,

I would like to obtain the source code for running CERES-Maize and
CROPGRO for soybeans. FTP would be the most efficient way for me, if
that's possible.

I'm planning to run several thousand simulations at a time in batch
mode, and need to customize the i/o routines to speed up processing
time.  Every millisecond counts for what I'm doing, so simplifying input
routines is also an option.

While I certainly have no intention of fiddling with the models
themselves, it would be helpful if I could also eliminate calls to any
superflous routines.  We're only interested at this point in obtaining
per acre yields from the models (once our procedures are validated).  If
you have any suggestions off the top of your head for eliminating
routines, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Randall Reese

--
Randall A. Reese                         email: [log in to unmask]
Consulting Ag. Economist                 phone: (913)696-1823