DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Wilkens, Paul W. <[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:30:28 -0500
Hello, Karl

The definition of the wheat genetic coefficients are listed below.

P1V   Relative amount that development is slowed for each day of
      unfulfilled vernalization, assuming that 50 days of
      vernalization is sufficient for all cultivars.
P1D   Relative amount that development is slowed when plants are
      grown in a photoperiod 1 hour shorter than the optimum (which
      is considered to be 20 hours).
P5    Relative grain filling duration based on thermal time (degree
      days above a base temperature of 1 C), where each unit increase
      above zero adds 20 degree days to an initial value of 430
      degree days.
G1    Kernel number per unit weight of stem (less leaf blades and
      sheaths) plus spike at anthesis (1/g).
G2    Kernel filling rate under optimum conditions (mg/day).
G3    Non-stressed dry weight of a single stem (excluding leaf
      blades and sheaths) and spike when elongation ceases (g).
PHINT Phylochron interval; the interval in thermal time (degree days)
      between successive leaf tip appearances.

Paul

Paul W. Wilkens
International Fertilizer Development Center
P.O. Box 2040
Muscle Shoals, Alabama  35662 USA
Tel      (256) 381-6600 (New Area Code!)
Fax     (256) 381-7408 (New Area Code!)
e-mail [log in to unmask]
http://www.ifdc.org/

"Once we've got the bugs ironed out, we'll be running on flat bugs."