DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
ken boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:57:38 -0300
Dear Hiroshi:

I'm not a CERES developer, but CERES being an RUE-to-dry-matter model does
not distinquish between different compositions of seed.  It may have a
minor impact, if the model allows variable seed composition (which I don't
think it does) and if a high N composition seed could create higher demand
for N, and if the N is not available.  But it does not handle respiratory
costs of N uptake and assimilation.  The ORYZA-rice (from SUCROS) model may
do it, but ask Martin Kropff.

The CROPGRO models will do what you want, but there is not a CROPGRO-rice
model

Ken Boote
Univ. of Florida