SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:00:07 -0700
Greetings - Michael Brothers and I visited Shiloh Road yesterday (7/17) afternoon.  The water was high, and not much mudflat was exposed.  However, there were lots of Greater Yellowlegs, many still in alternate plumage, and one with orange legs, Avocets and a flock of Spotted Sandpipers, still with lots of spots, picking around in a Salicornia patch.  If the water level drops some, it should be great for migration, but I do not know if the water is managed by Refuge staff, or related to rain.

Species seen:
Killdeer - 2
Black-bellied Plover -2
Semipalmated Plover - 2