DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Kendall DeJonge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kendall DeJonge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:04:29 -0600
Hello all,

I am a PhD student at Colorado State University using DSSAT and CERES-Maize
to evaluate limited irrigation of corn.  Model simulations I have created
generally agrees with observed data.  However, all growth parameters occur
approximately 6-10 days earlier in the model than observed, including
emergence, anthesis date, leaf #, LAI, etc.  I am curious if there are any
adjustments that can be made to the model to push emergence back to observed
dates.  Obviously, the planting date could be adjusted, but I am looking for
any in-model parameters that can be used for calibration.

Any help would be appreciated!   Thank you,

Kendall DeJonge

--
"Do.  Or do not.  There is no try."
-Yoda