SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jack Daynes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Daynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:34:12 -0800
Norman D.van Swelm wrote:

> Well am I right Jack that the whole bill is dark?
> Norman
>
> Jack Daynes wrote:> Norman, I'd have to rely on the photos that you
>
>> see on the site for that information. It was over
>> two years ago that I took those photos. Unlike my
>> camera, my memory is not photographic  ;-)<
==================================

Norman,

I wish the photos showed better detail on the
bird, but the bill appears mostly dark to me. It
could be lighter on the back of the underside, but
the light (cloudy overcast morning) does not make
this plain. The image "JCD_1615SemiPalmatedPlover"
seems to give the best hint on this detail.

--
-- Jack --