SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:46:49 -0800
Greetings - while hoping to find the Golden Eagle reported by Tom Curtis a week ago, I walked to the back of Stony Bayou pool.  The tide was out and the number of wintering shorebirds was impressive - literally thousands of birds.  Though I was not able to find anything worthy of the RBA (there were too many basic plumaged Dunlin to sort out a Curlew Sandp, though I tried!), there were 15 species present:

Killdeer
Black-bellied Plover
Marbled Godwit (Lighthouse Pool) - 2
Willet