SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Vincent LEMOINE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vincent LEMOINE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:01:29 +0100
Hi,

  I'm new registered. I apologize for my english. I live in Martinique since more 2 years.

  The list of birds obsersed in Martinique during september, october, and november 2005:

  - Black-bellied Plover
  - American golden Plover
  - Wilson's Plover
  - Semipalmated Plover
  - Killdeer (1 observed in Dominica's island)
  - Willet
  - Greater Yellowlegs
  - Lesser Yellowlegs
  - Solitary Sandpiper
  - Spotted Sandpiper
  - Whimbrel
  - Ruddy Turnstone
  - Red Knot (only 1)
  - Sanderling
  - Semipalmated Sandpiper
  - Western Sandpiper
  - Least Sandpiper
  - White-rumped Sandpiper
  - Pectoral Sandpiper
  - Short-billed Dowitcher
  - Wilson's Phalarope (only 1)

  Furthermore, i had observed the 17 April 2005 on the beach of the Ste Marie's Town, one Little ringed Plover (Charadrius dubius), my determination had been confirmed by friends to whom i had forwarded some pics of this bird. It may be a female in nuptial (light brown spot on cheek, not black).

  I would wish to known if there have already records of Little ringed Plover in the Caribbean's Islands and North America (US and Canada): where and when? I would like to write one note for a revue

  Best wishes,
  Happy New Year,

  Vincent Lemoine

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.