SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 13:54:27 -0400
Hello All,

I enjoy the posts on this listserve, and while my report is not of the spectacular lists often seen here from the various shorebird hotspots around the world, I thought some might be interested in some birds viewed in the piedmont region of Culpeper County, Virginia, USA.  We get a few migrant species in our area for several weeks per year, usually in the fall, of the more special shorebirds.  Many more species can be found in our nearby coastal plain areas, of course, quite regularly.  Today I was able to find the following:

Killdeer  276
Buff-breasted Sandpiper  1
American Golden-Plover  3
Upland Sandpiper  1  (occ presumed breeder)

Take Care,

Jay Keller,
Arlington, VA USA