SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:06:45 -0500
Just to pique your interest, here are some anecdotal sightings from the
Bangkok - Phetchaburi area,Thailand, during early March 2006.

March 3rd:

At the Ban Pak Ao salt pans near Samut Songkram: Black-winged Stilt, Kentish
Plover, Common Redshank, Common Greenshank, Long-toed Stint, Lesser
Sandplover (all abundant; these species were also commonly sighted at many
of the other locations below).  Also Curlew Sandpiper, Pacific Golden
Plover, Common Sandpiper (several of each).

At Laem Pak Bia:  Curlew Sandpiper (50), Ruff (30, including males in
various apparel), Red-necked Stint (10), Wood Sandpiper (10), Common Snipe (2).
At Wat Kao Taklao:  Black-tailed Godwit (3), Marsh Sandpiper (5)

March 6th:

At Kokh Kham:  Nordmann's Greenshank (7), Dunlin (several), Grey Plover
(several), Terek Sandpiper (4), Marsh Sandpiper (several), Broad-billed
Sandpiper (2).
At Ban Pak Ao:  Temminck's Stint (3), Spotted Redshank (many), Greater
Sandplover (2), Spoon-billed Sandpiper (1 only)
En route at an Ao Krung Thep beach I cannot find on my map:  Malaysian
Plover (2), Sanderling (7)
Laem Pak Bia:  Little Ringed Plover (1), Great Knot (3), Pintail Snipe (1),
Australian Stilt (?-- seemed a fine ID to me in appearance, but the bird has
been under discussion by the local records committee).