SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
William Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:40:28 EDT
Here is an update on the Mill Creek Wildlife Sanctuary wetland. (NE OH,
Mahoning Co., ten minutes SW of Youngstown)

semipalmated plover  5
least sandpiper  17
semipalmated sandpiper  5
pectoral sandpiper  42
spotted sandpiper  3
solitary sandpiper  9
lesser yellowlegs  19
greater yellowlegs  2
killdeer  55

Although the mix has varied somewhat, the species and individual counts  have
changed little in the past two weeks (no dowitchers today). There  are no
unusal species so far, but it seems we have provided  reliable feeding grounds
for shorebirds well south of Lake Erie. I  will provide plumages if anyone is
interested. I believe the array of adults and  juveniles today was pretty much
what is expected for August.

Bill Jones
Canfield, OH