SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Anthony Levesque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Levesque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:36:00 -0400
Hello all,

In Guadeloupe (F.W.I.) we got a banded Red Knot ( "CMY" on a light green
flag) beetween 25th August to 16th September 2005, it was banded 30th May
2004 on the Delaware Bay shore. Here the species is uncommon (less than 10
per fall).

Yesterday afternoon I found a Ruff in company of 9 American Golden-Plovers
near the runways at Pointe à Pitre Airport. Third European shorebird for the
year after a Curlew Sandpiper beetween February and May and an European
Whimbrel at the beginning of the month. The bird was still present this
morning, also 7 AMGP and 2 UPSA.

best,

Anthony Levesque
Guadeloupe (F.W.I.)