DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
jmertens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 11:01:08 +0200
I am using the CERES-Maize model (DSSAT v3.1) for my study 'The
characterization of the relation between yield, quality and N-surpluscurves
for maize in function of soil and climatic data for interpretation of the
consequences of environmental measures (eg. limitation of nutrients, water
management,...)'.  I have 2 questions:

1)  I used this model with one cultivar (DEA).  Now I am looking for the
genotype parameters (P1,P2,P5,G2,G3) of other cultivars of maize used in
Belgium or Western Europe.

2) Is it possible to simulate the capillary rising from the groundwater
table, e.g. by setting the water content of a layer at a depht of 90 cm at
saturation during the whole growing season?

Best regards,

Jan Mertens

Bodemkundige Dienst van België
Willem de Croylaan 48