DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Tom Downing <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 17:30:48 GMT+1
Dominic:

In case you are around...

Thanks!

Tom

Date:          Thu, 20 Jun 1996 19:14:55 +0200
To:            [log in to unmask]
From:          Lasse Ringius <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       water resource person to participate in appraisal mission to
               Mozambique
Cc:            [log in to unmask]

Tom: I will soon send you a more detailed report from my visit to the World
Bank. I the meantime, I am trying to find an African water resource person
to participate in appraisal mission to Mozambique in September or October.
Do you have any suggestions?

I have identified a World Bank project that might be helpful in bringing out
the climate adaptation issues in the water resources sector.  The project is
the Mozambique National Water Resources Management and Development Plan in
which case there already exists an Environmental Assessment BUT it ignores
possible climate change.

While in DC, I talked to the task manager and he is quite exited about the
idea.  We will have to produce a short Terms of Reference and 'sell' the
idea to decision makers in Mozambique as well.

Cheers - Lasse

Lasse Ringius
Senior Researcher
Center for International Climate
and Environmental Research - Oslo (CICERO)
Phone : + 47 22 85 87 54 CICERO/ + 47 22 50 92 76 res.
Fax: + 47 22 85 87 51 CICERO
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Postal address:
CICERO
P.O. Box 1129 Blindern
N-0317 Oslo
Norway

Thomas E. Downing
Programme Leader, Climate Impacts and Responses
Environmental Change Unit
University of Oxford
Oxford OX1 3TB
U.K.