SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Greg Norwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:57:54 -0400
Hello!

I found a banded Semipalmated Sandpiper in southern Michigan on 2 June 2006.
The bird was apparently banded in Peru due to its single yellow flag band.
Details are pending and I will post where in Peru it was banded when I receive
the information.  There are still good numbers of Semipalmated Sandpipers and a
few White-rumped Sandpipers still in the southern Great Lakes as well as
Whimbrel and Ruddy Turnstones.

Greg Norwood
Dearborn, MI