SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:42:29 -0400
Hi,

some shorebirds observations in central Chile :

the most interesting of the last months, was the southern records of Least
Sandpiper (at least for Chile, but perhaps for the world...) :

1 from 26 of february, to 13 of march in Batuco lagoon (near Santiago de
Chile ; more or less 33°30' S) (Fabrice Schmitt)
1 the 29 of april near Concepcion (more or less 36°30' S) (Antonio Maureira)

We still have very small numbers of Lesser Yellowlegs (rare isolated birds).
Whimbrel is quite common all year long (a flock of 146 birds for example
last week in the Maipo estuary ; 33°30' S)
And we still have some Sanderling (a group of 180 birds last week in the
Maipo estuary, some of them in breeding plumage)

But, the southern migrant are arriving in central Chile (20 Rufous-chested
Dotterel in the Maipo estuary last week).

Are these kind of messages of any interest for this list ??

all my best,
Fabrice Schmitt
Santiago de Chile

Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar