SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Thomas Riecke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Riecke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:45:17 -0700
The Eastern Stokes CD has almost all of the Eastern NA Shorebirds, it's great, but you're right. It has no vagrants, I would try Amazon and see if there is a British CD.

Jim Barton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Hello. I am seeking CDs of shorebird calls and songs, especially
included those of vagrants and rarities in North America, such as Little
Stint, Red-necked Stint, Common Sandpiper, Common Redshank...

So far, I have searched fruitlessly on the internet. Thayer's BofNA does
include some nice photos of birds like those above, including juveniles, but
presents no voice recordings. Cornell doesn't appear to have Red-necked
Stint at all.

I should expect that the recordings I'm seeking are likely to be offered
in the UK and European countries.

Thanks for your help. You may want to reply to the list, not solely to
me personally, so that subscribers in general can benefit from the
information.

Yours,

Jim Barton
Cambridge, MA