DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Albert Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:27:13 -0500
American Society of Agronomy 2003 Annual Meeting
November 2-6, 2003
        Denver, CO

Symposium Announcement
"Simulating plant processes: assessments and new directions"
       Monday, November 3, 2003
Session I, Colorado Convention Center, Room A209
              8:20am - Noon
Session II, Colorado Convention Center, Room A209
             1:25pm - 3:30pm

         A crop simulation model consists of a series of plant and
plant-related algorithms. What do we know about the right hand side of the
equal sign in these algorithms? Where did it come from? Does it represent
the best available knowledge? Does it have any limitations? How can we
improve these algorithms? What is the role of genomics in these
improvements? In order to have confidence in the output from these models,
regardless of their applications, we have to have confidence in these
algorithms as well as the quality of the input data. This symposium will
address issues relating to the quality of what is on the right hand side of
the equal sign.