DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Saurabh Srivastav <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Saurabh Srivastav <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 17:21:57 +0530
Dear Nasir,

Instead of taking average of the whole period, you can prepare historical
indices, e.g calculate the effect of adverse weather on the crop for last
thirty years (1979 - 2009) . so that you'll get historical trend of
weather volatility over particular crop.

Consequently you can make your decision based on positive/ negative trend.

Good luck !!!

Thanks & Regards,
Saurabh Srivastav
Weather Products ; Rural & Co-operatives
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Phones:
+91-124-2850204 (Direct)
+91-124-2850100 Ext: 204