DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 05:45:59 EDT
Deae members,

I've got so many answers and distributions about my last mail, that the
genetic coefficients in CERES have to be constant or not..
Whe tested this model in the collaborative project (Sonderforschungsbereich
192) for 9 years (1991-1999) at the university in Kiel and we could not
validate.
I think it is not right to calibrate these coefficients for each year, to
make the model work correctly, only for one year. Because this is an adaption
to the environment conditions in this special year.
Securely there are interactions between genetic coeffients and environment.
And I think, these interactions have to be integrated in calculating
predictions of CERES.
Every genetic factor has an interaction to his environment - more or less -
we know from researching of behaviour of genes. If you calibrate the model
directly about these genetic coefficients, you are overlayling the other real
parameters of of influence. Or what do you think?

Best regards

Peter
Schoop, Peter, Dr. sc. agr., Dipl. Ing.
Institut für Agri- und Environment Research
Sonnenweg 1, 21647 Moisburg
Germany
Phone: +49-4165-224 700
Fax:     +49-4165- 224 701