DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Stuart Rymph <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Rymph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:50:43 -0500
Ernesto,

I am nor familiar with the IMPACT model.  Have you looked at the IFSM
model - it incorporates some of the models from DSSAT 3 (maize, wheat,
and soybeans) plus ALSIM1 for alfalfa and GRASIM for grass.  It has both
beef and dairy components, including grazing.  The reference manual does
a pretty good job of describing how the models were incorporated or
modified.  The main problem may be getting the level of detail from the
outputs that you need.

Download the reference manual and model at
http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/docs.htm?docid=8519
"http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/docs.htm?docid=8519"

Good Luck,
Stu