DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Boote,Kenneth J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boote,Kenneth J
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:46:50 -0500
Michael,

Yes, 100% of this (HWAH) would go to market.  You would need to handle "losses" some other way, like reducing it 10%.

Be careful with HWAH.  Commonly that is "seed" or "grain".  Be sure that you have "pod" for pepper

The DSSAT model does not predict grades for pepper.  You would need to handle that however best you can.

I hope this helps.  The pepper model is not all that well tested (just one experiment), so let us know your experiences.  Do you have actual data for testing it?

Ken Boote