DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ernesto Viscarra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ernesto Viscarra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:30:49 -0400
Dear friends user's of DSSAT:

Firs have my kind greetings, I'm working with DSSAT to evaluate the possible impacts of climate change on crop yields, specifically rice and wheat. I'm working with the seasonal analysis of DSSAT, but I have the following doubt: I would like to know the quantity of years which a soil is still fertile to grow a crop. Should I use the seasonal or the sequence analysis? What are the differences between a single year crop analysis, a seasonal analysis and a sequence analysis (crop rotation)? Which one counts the lost of fertility of soil in time? Is there any document about it?  I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Ernesto Viscarra Riveros
Economista Ambiental
Programa Piloto Departamental de Adaptación al Cambio Climático
REED Camerún
FUNDACION AMIGOS DE LA NATURALEZA (FAN - BOLIVIA)
Casilla Postal 2241
Teléfono: ++591-3-3556800; Fax:++591-3-3547383
Dirección: Km. 7 y 1/2 carretera antigua a Cochabamba Santa Cruz - Bolivia
www.fan-bo.org<http://www.fan-bo.org>

Antes de imprimir este mensaje piense en su responsabilidad con la naturaleza.