From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 08:40:31 -0500
Subject:        Introducing Manoa MAGIS at University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
Date:   Tue, 27 May 2008 15:09:18 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>

---apologies in advance for cross-postings----

The Government Documents/Maps Department of the University of Hawaii at
Manoa is pleased to announce our new website covering geospatial data,
Manoa MAGIS (Maps, Aerials and GIS).  The website mostly includes links
to other data most relevant to our regular patrons, our digital
collections now include:

1:
Aerial photography for Oahu - currently in a beta viewer here:

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/viewer/oahu.html

[The best way to view these is to look at them 2 or 3 flight lines at a
time or the computer really slows down, we are working on fixing it,
meanwhile uncheck the overlays so only 2 or 3 flightlines are
exposed].   We'll progressively put aerial photography for the entire state.

2.

300 DPI versions of the most recent available United States Geological
Survey Topographical Quadrangle Maps at 1:24,000 scale, 1989-1999
available here:

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/maps/digital/quads.html

Best Wishes, Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.