DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Boote,Kenneth J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boote,Kenneth J
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:53:10 -0400
Jagannathan,

I looked at your PTX.  I'm going to guess at a few things and let you try them out.

First, your EM is set to 11000, but your start of simulation date is 11314.  There is a strong probability that the model never comes to your "modification" date, and therefore does not change the CO2.  Either set your EM to be 11314, or your start of simulate to 11000 in Simulation Controls.

A less likely possibility is that the CO2 is set to "D" in Simulation Controls, giving you 380 ppm, and EM does not change it (But I don't believe this is the problem).  You could set CO2 in Simulation Controls to Mauna Loa (M), and see what that does.

A last possibility is that the potato model is not sensitive to CO2 (I hope that is not the case).

Ken Boote