DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 11:35:26 +0200
Dear list,

I'm trying to predict soybean yield using probabilities that are the output of a Seasonal Analisys in DSSAT v 4.5. I have the following doubts about that: my experiment consist on simulating soybean grain yield throguh a period of 30 years and assess the effect of the type of soils on the probability to obtain higher yields. In my work area, the cartographic units are well descripted. The study area mainly consists of 5 types of soils; these soils are combined and result in 20 soil series which differ each other considering 1) Proportion of soils and 2) Slope and aspect, for a determinated cartographic unit. The main objetive of the work is to obtain a probabilities map. The questions are: if I include the data of slope and aspect (degrees in the South Hemisphere) will be the run-off simulated? The ammount of water that is out of the system will be significative? What can I do for making a more realistic system?

Regards

 Sebastian

Ing. Agr. (MSc) Sebastián Cambareri
Responsable Laboratorio
Grupo Agrometeorología
Área Recursos Naturales y Gestión Ambiental
INTA EEA Balcarce
RN 226 km 73.5  - (7620) cc 276
Balcarce, Buenos Aires