DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Leah Mungai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2012 22:43:00 +0000
Dear DSSAT Community,

I am a graduate student, using DSSAT 4.5 to simulate the impact of climate change on Maize yield in Sub Sahara Africa. I am looking for mean monthly long term climate data for Sub Sahara Africa as input to weatherman.
So far, I found   http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NOAA/.NCDC/.GHCN/ site where I can get monthly weather station temp and precipitation. After checking this dataset I need complete dataset with humidity, solar radiation, wet days etc.

Please help me complete source where I can get this climate dataset for Sub Sahara Africa. Also, I am wondering which is the best way to pertub input climate data for scenarios.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Leah