DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jans Bobert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:13:29 +0100
Dear Ghebreab,

the program is looking for the soil data of the experiment in the
DSSAT\Soil\SOIL.SOL file. If it canīt find them there, it looks for a
"UF.SOL" file. Since you are trying to run a default experiment there
should be no problems unless there are changes in the UFBR9101.TMX or the
SOIL.SOL files. Sometimes problems occur after editing the files with
windows editors. Check the files; if that does not help you can create a
UF.SOL file with the soil data of the FILEX (in this case it is "UFBR950001").

Hope that helps.
Jans

At 09:49 21.12.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear listers,
>
>I tried to do certain simualtion excerses from the data within the
>model. To do this in the main menu I clicked 'models', 'various',
>'Tomato', then ' simulate' and enter. From the crop experimental studies
>I selected '1' and  from the treatments I selected  '1'. The problem is
>that it gives me such a message
>
>File not found. create input file
>
>File: UF.SOL            Line 0      Error key: IPSOIL
>
>Could someone tell me why is it giving me such messages?
>
>Thanking you in advance
>
>Tesfalidet A Ghebreab
>School of Applied Environmental Sciences
>University of Natal
>South Africa
>Po bag X01 Scottsville

Jans Bobert Dipl.Ing.agr. M.Sc.