DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 04:16:02 -0400
Heidi,

You might want to check the simulation control options in your file.
Please make sure that NITRO and SYMBI are set to "Y." However, please
note that if you set the rhizobia number and effectiveness to 0, dry
bean will start acting like a corn plant, and extract nitrogen from
the soil. Without nitrogen your crop will not be able to grow.

One question I have relates to your field data. How accurate are your
LAI data and how did you or your collaborators measure it? If your
biomass predictions, e.g., total biomass and leaf and stem mass, fit
well, there is a high likelihood that there is a problem with your
LAI measurements.

Regards,

Gerrit