DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Greg Kiker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:27:26 +0200
Dear colleagues,

The South African Sugar Association Experiment Station and the
University of Natal are seeking expressions of interest in holding a
workshop on the DSSAT sugarcane model (CANEGRO).  The purpose is to
establish a core group of international scientists/organizations
responsible for the maintenance and future amendment of the model.
Over the past 5 years our organizations in South Africa have found it
difficult to meet the increasing demands for servicing model amendments
and user inquiries.  This has lead to disjointed amendments and lack of
communications between interested groups.

Potential topics of interest:
1. Location of master copies of models
2. Establishment of working/interest groups (for example):
   - Inclusion of nitrogen sub model
   - GIS interfacing
   - Irrigation efficiency

If there is sufficient interest we propose to hold a workshop in
Durban, (or Pietermaritzburg) South Africa around September 2000.  If
you or your organization is interested to contribute please reply to
Garry O'Leary or Greg Kiker below:

Kind Regards,

Garry O'Leary
SASEX Private Bag X02
Mount Edgecombe, 4300
South Africa

Email: [log in to unmask]

Greg Kiker
School of Bioresources Eng. & Env. Hyd.
University of Natal, Private Bag X01
Scottsville 3201
South Africa

Email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]