DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
MATTHEW JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MATTHEW JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:38:28 +0200
Dear Dr Bhusal,

Try this: load XBuild and click on the 'Refresh' menu, and follow the instructions on-screen.  This will update XBuild's soils database from your files.

The other thing is to make sure that your soil profile is defined in the correct file.  For example, the soil profile GAGI810014 is defined in GA.SOL - DSSAT looks at the first two letters of the soil profile code to determine which file to search for the soil profile definition.  Failing this, in my (limited) experience, if you are having problems, one can usually cut and paste the soil profile information from whatever file it is saved in (IA.SOL?) to end of soil.sol.  Refresh XBuild, and it should appear.

Finally, when defining soils in SBuild, make sure you save the profile (use the Profile menu -> 'Save'), as well as the file (File -> Save).

Regards,
Matthew Jones

Scientific Programmer
South African Sugarcane Research Institute
Mount Edgecombe
tel: +27 31 508 7441
fax: +27 31 508 7597
mobile: +27 84 622 1000

>>> "T.N. Bhusal" <[log in to unmask]> 03/10/2008 05:49 AM >>>
Dear all
I am TN Bhusal and i am working with DSSAT v 4 for maize model. When i am
working with X build there is problem with soil profile name. I have made
new soil file but the new soil profile is not updated in the X build. Only
the default soil profile are appeared on the soil profile name of X-build.
What would be the possible cause and remedies for this problem? Is there is
faulty in making the soil file? when i am making the new soil file as IA.SOL,
i have save the file in DSSAT/soil directory. Is it correct way? If any way,
please inform me.

Any suggestion from all are highly appreciated.

TN Bhusal
Institute of Agriculture andAnimal Science
Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal

Http://www.sasa.org.za/emaildisclaimer.asp