SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jenifer Hilburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenifer Hilburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:13:38 -0700
Greetings all---

Sun. I was kayaking around an island called bird island, a large sandbar/spit that about half remains above the water during high tide, no humans allowed.  It is located on the central GA coast between St. Catherines Island and Ossabaw Island.
  I was sure I saw about 10 juvenile brown noddies---they were definitley tern-like and not fitting the description of any other terns.  They were all brown, no black, grey, or white on them anywhere.  Has anyone else been seeing any of these guys up here?
  Jenifer

Jenifer D. Hilburn