CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Robert Coyne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:22:53 -0400
Dear Ciliate Researchers,

I am now working at TIGR on the Tetrahymena thermophila genome sequencing
project.  One thing we are working on is the improvement of the structural
annotation of the genome sequence.  To identify the primary structure of
genes correctly, the ultimate arbiter is authentic cDNA sequence.  TIGR, PEP
and others have sequenced a collection of ESTs, but full-length cDNA
sequences are currently in short supply.  If you have cDNA sequence(s) that
you have not yet submitted to GenBank, please consider sending it/them in
advance to us.  They will be used to improve the gene models and evaluate
the accuracy of gene-finding algorithms.  All new gene models will be freely
available in the next public release of the annotation, but this release
will not occur for several months.  Individual annotations may be attributed
to the underlying cDNA sequence you provided or not, as you prefer.
If you wish to provide this service to the community and help us accurately
annotate the genome, please send your sequences to me ([log in to unmask]) as
nucleotide fasta files.

Thank you and keep in touch.
Bob Coyne