CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Douglas Chalker (for Ron Godiska)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:26:18 -0400
Dear Ciliate Research Community,

Dr Ron Godiska of Lucigen is developing Lucigen's pJAZZ vectors for mammalian cell expression.
To test the vectors, he'd like to find some cDNAs that have been impossible to clone and express in
conventional circular vectors. As he notes "from my previous experience with ciliates, I believe that
these organisms may have quite a few good candidate genes."

He'd like to talk with anyone who has sequences that have been isolated (e.g., as PCR products) but
could not be stably cloned or expressed. Information will be kept confidential, and Lucigen will
make no claims on the resulting clones. Essentially, he's offering to clone and express a couple
very difficult genes for free.

If you have good candidates, please contact Ron.
Here is his contact information:
Ronald Godiska, Ph.D.
Sr. Scientist
Lucigen Corp.