CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Nick Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:30:38 -0500
Greetings, everyone! It is my pleasure to announce that the 2013 Midwest Protozoology Society
Meeting will again be held at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois.  The date for this year’s meeting
is Saturday, April 27.  When the details are finalized I will send out online registration information
and a call for abstracts.  As in previous years we will have both platform and poster presentation
opportunities available.  All researchers engaged in studies involving protozoa are welcome.
Undergraduate researchers are particularly encouraged to attend.  Please feel free to extend this
invitation to any of your non-ciliate protozoologist colleagues.

This year's program presentations will begin at 9:00 (8:30 check-in) and end at 4:30, with catered
boxed lunch and coffee breaks provided.  This will be followed by a banquet dinner at 5:30,
keynote speaker, and a social hour in the evening.  The cost for attending the program
presentations will be $25 for undergraduates, $50 for graduate students, postdocs, and faculty.
The banquet and keynote speaker will be an additional fee of $20 for all who wish to attend.

We will be holding the conference in Bradley's newly renovated Westlake Hall.  This new facility
provides a wonderful auditorium for presentations, expanded room for posters, and an on-site
dining area.  We are excited about the opportunity to use this updated space.

Peoria is centrally located in the Midwest along the Illinois River, halfway between Chicago and St.
Louis (about a 2.5 hour drive from both).  The Peoria metropolitan area is home to about 400,000
people and is served by the Greater Peoria Regional Airport (PIA), which has daily flights on
American, Delta, and United.

Have a wonderful Spring semester, and I look forward to seeing the attendees in April.

Cheers,
Nick Stover

---
Nicholas A. Stover, PhD