ISL Archives

Int'l. Student Life Office

ISL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Int'l. Student Life Office
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 16:25:10 -0400
This week's announcements from ISL - Improving Student Life.

International Student Life events
1. Come to ISL and welcome our new Secretary.
2. Congratulations Kerry - our GA graduates this term.
3. Do you want a Friday Night pool Party?

Office of International Education Announcements
1. Staff change at OIE. Sadly, Daphne Durham to leave UGA.

Other University Events
1. Do you want child care on campus?
2. Student from India invites you to his movie premier.

International Student Life events
=================================

1. We are happy to announce that Jackie Minus started work today at the
ISL office. It is her voice that you will hear whenever you call, and
she will be helping you and the ISL staff keep track of business.  If
you have the opportunity, please come by the ISL office and introduce
yourself to Jackie. She is in room 210A.

2. We hope you will join us in congratulating Kerry Coleman, the
Graduate Assistant at ISL who has managed Coffee Hour diligently
throughout the past year, as she will graduate this semester. We wish
her all the best in her future career - wherever it may take her.

3. As you know, the Coffee Hour is on summer holiday. The ISL Office is
interested to see if you would attend Friday Night Pool parties in the
month of July, to cool off and meet other students at the outdoor
swimming pool near to the Tate Center. You can either email
[log in to unmask] or you can easily let us know by visiting the following
website and writing your thoughts in our new on-line comments form. You
can also suggest other programming ideas. If you would like your comment
to be anonymous, then do not complete the sections requesting your name
and email.
http://www.uga.edu/isl/office/islform.html

Office of International Education Announcements

1. We recently said goodbye to Nancy, we will soon say goodbye to
Marcus, and now you can join the OIE to say goodbye to Daphne Durham.
She sent us the following email to share with you all.

"Dear Students,

Thursday, May 4 will be my last day at work as an immigration advisor in
the Office of International Education.  I am moving to Boston for a new
job.  For assistance with immigration matters, Mary Ann Kelly or Kathy
Pampolina can assist you.  I've enjoyed working with you during the last
two years, and I wish you all the best!

Daphne Durham
Advisor to Foreign Students and Scholars
Office of International Education"
201 Barrow Hall

Other University Events
========================

1. The University of Georgia is putting together a list of potential
members to sit on a committee to study the feasibility of child care on
campus.  Laura Chason, of the Graduate Student Association, specifically
asked ISL to recruit an international student whose name could be
submitted to the committee selection group. If you have a child and you
would be interested in working with this new UGA initiative, please
email Laura Chason at [log in to unmask]

2. Three movies will be premiered on Tuesday May 9th at 7 p.m. in the
Tate Center. All three movies are UGA productions and the second one has
music scored, composed, and arranged by Swagata Banerjee, an
international student from India. Swagata is a prolific songwriter and
leads a local band called "Global horse." he is a Ph.D. student in the
Department of Agriculture and Applied Economics. If you would like more
information about the movie premiers, please contact Tracey Thomson

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
International Student Life
Department of Student Activities
210 Memorial Hall
The University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-3108
Email: [log in to unmask]
Coordinator, Saehee Chang
International Activities Advisor, Marcus Longmuir
Administrative Secretary, Nancy Dodson
Graduate Student Assistant, Kerry Coleman
Student Assistant, Chris Brown