From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:33:06 -0600
Subject: Re: Old surveying techniques
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:19:35 -0600
From: Patrick Morris <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

The Newberry Library Cartographic Catalog includes about 150
bibliographic references related to the history of surveying, including
general histories, handbooks & manuals, and secondary works related to
specific places.  These are sorted by date of publication via the
following link---
http://www.biblioserver.com/newberry/index.php?m=search&id=&ftype=keyword&q=surveying

All best, Pat Morris

--