From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:48:59 -0600
Subject:        Re: New American Factfinder
Date:   Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:26:49 -0600
From:   Steve Beleu <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

But the old FactFinder bites the dust in the fall of 2011. [the rest of
this text is cut and pasted from a reply that I sent to Hallie Pritchett]

Here's our reply from Kansas City regional office: 1990 data will be
available from the "Publications" section of Census.gov but also from
the FTP section
--http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/DownloadDatasetServlet?_lang=en
which means that users will have to either scan through 1990 pubs in
"Publications" (entire section:
http://www.census.gov/prod/www/titles.html ) or know how to do anonymous
FTP downloading.

Word from the Census help line is that the 1990 Census will NOT be on
the new version of AFF but will instead be moved to the FTP site.

Steve Beleu, OK Dept. of Libraries Regional Depository Librarian/OK
State Data Center