ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Mark Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:40:53 -0500
Call for Submissions:
UGA Graduate Student Association 14th Annual
Interdisciplinary Research Conference (IRC): Integrating the Unknown
February 28, 2014
Tate Student Center

Deadline January 19
https://gsa.uga.edu

The Graduate Student Association invites proposals for research papers or posters, workshops, and art
installations or performances that creatively combine disciplines to address at least one of our five main
subject areas:

- Scholarship for the 21st Century
- Science and the Humanities in Dialogue
- Policy, Theory, and Practice
- Community, Diversity, and Social Justice
- Creativity and Collaboration

Submit proposals online:

Presentations
https://ugeorgia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b4uN3JougVBlhT7

Workshops
https://ugeorgia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4SKPugRf96YfhqJ

Installations and Performance
https://ugeorgia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8d0v4pxZYG2U61L

Research paper or poster abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words. This year we are also excited to
announce plans to publish an e-journal of the conference proceedings, providing yet another potential
opportunity for you and your research to be seen by peers and colleagues across disciplines and fields.

Workshops should be designed as a 30-60 minute session that will appeal to graduate students. Some
examples of workshop categories might include grant writing; publication or job search process;
qualitative research; finding existing and/or forming new interdisciplinary collaborations; strategies for
talking to your academic idol; how to present at conferences.

Workshop sessions can use any format that facilitates education (e.g., lecture, panel discussion,
activities, demonstrations, etc.).  A successful workshop will integrate interdisciplinary research. Please
contact Erin Adams at [log in to unmask] or Lauren Mullenbach at [log in to unmask] with questions about
workshop proposals.

Art installations or performances may be any form, but must be original works that will be installed or
performed the day of the conference.  Submissions are encouraged to highlight interdisciplinary
applications of the arts to address one of our main subject areas. For questions or site specific
information please contact Aaron Kelly at [log in to unmask]

We will provide awards for best paper, poster, and original art presentations.

For further information about the IRC, please contact Garrett Jaeger at [log in to unmask] or visit
https://gsa.uga.edu