SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Phil Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 04:14:44 -0400
Hi Jim:

The names of a number of these CDs are very similar. Here's a recap and
some additional ones. All of these have some shorebirds on them:

CD Media:

Roche, Jean C. and Jerome Chevereau. 2001. Bird Sounds of Europe &
North-west Africa. Wildsounds. London. [A 10-audo CD set].

Kettle, Ron and Richard Ranft. 2000. British Bird Sounds on CD. The British
Library. [A 2-audio CD set].

Roche, Jean C. 1996. Bird Songs and Calls of Britain and Europe.
Wildsounds. [A 4-audio CD set].

Jannes, Hannu. 2002. Calls of Eastern Vagrants. [One audio CD].

Birdguides. 2004 (?) The CD-ROM Guide to all the birds of Europe. [A 5-CD
set, but this is multi-media, not just an audio CD - also available on one
DVD-ROM, now as version 8]

Oxford University Press. 1998. Cramp's The complete birds of the Western
Palearctic on CD-ROM. [A 3 CD-ROM set. - Now available on one DVD]

Other Media: Then, when you venture away from CDs into videos and DVDs,
there are other candidates. Such as:

Bird Images. 2000. Shorebirds. [A 2-tape VHS video set].

Moores, Charlie and Nial. Birds of South Korea. [A 2-tape VHS video set].

Birdguides. The DVD_ROM Guide to British Birds. [One DVD]

I hope this helps. With this information, you should be able to find them
via Google <grin>. Let me know if you can't locate them.

Phil

>Date:    Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:13:14 -0400
>From:    Jim Barton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: shorebird recordings
>
>     Hello. I am seeking CDs of shorebird calls and songs, especially
>included those of vagrants and rarities in North America, such as Little
>Stint, Red-necked Stint, Common Sandpiper, Common Redshank...
>
>    So far, I have searched fruitlessly on the internet.  Thayer's BofNA does
>include some nice photos of birds like those above, including juveniles, but
>presents no voice recordings.  Cornell doesn't appear to have Red-necked
>Stint at all.
>
>     I should expect that the recordings I'm seeking are likely to be offered
>in the UK and European countries.
>
>     Thanks for your help.  You may want to reply to the list, not solely to
>me personally, so that subscribers in general can benefit from the
>information.
>
>     Yours,
>
>     Jim Barton
>     Cambridge, MA

Phil Davis      Davidsonville, Maryland     USA
                 mailto:[log in to unmask]