From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:50:33 -0600
Subject: Google Maps lecture this Saturday January 8th
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:44:23 -0500
From: Heather Kinsinger <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

All,

This is my first post, so I apologize for any breech of protocol.
I know some of you subscribe to maphist also and might have seen my notice
for the next meeting of the NY Map Society this Saturday the 8th. Our
featured speaker will be Jesse Friedman of Google Maps.
This is Jesse's linkedin profile.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jessefriedman

Judging by some of the recent comments posted on this list regarding paper
maps vs gps units and the most recent comment on the Turkish Prime Minster
holding up a map on national television, I think some of you would be
interested in talking with Jesse. He is expecting questions and comments.
The NY Map Society board and members will be dividing up questions
regarding how Google gathers information and how they decide what goes on
their Google Earth maps, and what doesn't. I'm sure the recent Costa Rica/
Nicaragua border conflict will come up. Other subjects on the list include
the accuracy of Google maps. Google Earth and Maps does have a blog

http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/

The event is free and open to the public. Please see our web site for
details on the lecture.

http://www.nymapsociety.org/MEETINGS.HTM

Best,
Heather Kinsinger