DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 02:39:49 -0700
Dear Users,
I once asked a question about how DSSAT calculates irrigation depth
automatically? But I didn't receive any complete answer. Some users
replied my question. But the main question remained unanswered. Why
does DSSAT calculate irrigation depth (automatically) using Management
Depth instead of Rooting Depth? What is the equation being used to
calculate the irrigation depth? How should we find proper management
depth? Why the irrigation depth is nearly constant during the period,
but the irrigation intervals get smaller in time?
Any response is greatly appreciated.

Best
Behnam Ababaei